WOD FOR A CAUSE
Nikki S, Ashley S, and Lindsay D (Team Fancy Pants) are competing this Saturday in San Jose at Crossfit Diligence in WOD for a Cause, benefiting children & adults with disabilities.
They will be competing in 3 scheduled events (beginning at 9:51am), a floater WOD and the final. They'll need a cheering section. Are you enticed to get your feet wet in competition but want to make sure the water is warm first? This is a great way to see how it all works and support your fellow athletes at the same time! See you there! (Post to comments if you are coming!)
THE ULTIMATE LIFT OFF
The ULTIMATE LIFT OFF is less than 2 weeks away! There are still some spots left. Click here, then go to "Events" to register! Check back on Friday for heat times.
Here's how its gonna work:
- You will have 20 minutes to find your maximum per lift
- You will have 3 attempts at your heaviest weight for each lift.
- You will perform all the lifts in order: snatch, clean and jerk, back squat, bench press, and deadlift. To participate in the competition, you must attempt every lift.
- Heats will start in groups of 4 every 20 minutes. If you are late, you cannot lift.
- Your score will be calculated by Sinclair for your Oly lifts and Wilks formula (each lift by pounds lifted to body weight) for your power lifts. You will be weighed in 20 minutes before your heat.
- A complete list of rules (including the requirements for each lift) will be posted Friday in the gym along with the start list.
- To secure your spot, make sure to sign up online Select link, click events, and select Ultimate Lift Off.
This competition is for UB members only (next year we intend on inviting outsiders), so if you are new to competing this is a great opportunity to get a taste in a supportive environment surrounded by your fellow athletes.
Space is limited to 48 competitors, so make sure to sign up online.