Jesse Burdick and CrossFit CSA will be hosting a powerlifting meet on Sunday, March 29. This is usually a great meet for beginners with a wide range of athletes. I'll be taking a few people from San Francisco CrossFit to compete, so if anyone is interested in doing their first powerlifting meet, they should register soon because these meets fill up fast.
- Who: Men or women with solid technique and at least 6 months of solid barbell training. Participants of SWOD should seriously consider giving it a try.
- What (do you need): Must have a singlet for all lifts and must have knee high socks for the deadlift. For other costume and technical rules and requirements, have them contact me.
- When: Sunday, March 29 - be prepared to stay all day (9am to 7pm)
- Where: CrossFit CSA in Pleasanton, CA
- Why: Because we have a solid competition community here at United Barbell, and it can be fun to spread out to areas other than pure CrossFit! (Ask Jason L. or Andrew M. about their Olympic lifting competition experiences!)
Meet registration at:
Meet information at:
Max C is thinking about it...... who else is interested??