It's been awhile since we gave you a recipe to try out. And since the weekend sun seems to have gone away, here is a simple and delicious soup recipe to try from The Clothes Make the Girl!
Silky Gingered Zucchini Soup
Prep 10 min | Cook 60 min | Serves 4-6
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 4 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon (mild) to 1 teaspoon (hotter) powdered ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (if you’re not on AIP)
- 4 medium zucchini, about 2 pounds, chopped*
- 4 cups high-quality chicken broth
1. Heat coconut oil in a large soup pot on medium heat, 2 minutes. Add onions, then smash garlic cloves with the flat side of a knife or the bottom of a glass and add to pan. Stir often and cook until the onions and garlic are soft and golden, but not browned, about 7 minutes. Add salt, ginger, and black pepper; stir to combine.
2. Toss the zucchini into the pot. Stir to coat the zucchini with fat, then cook ’til beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the broth, bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to simmer. Let the zucchini cook 45 to 60 minutes until it’s very soft.
4. VERY carefully, purée the zucchini and broth in a blender or food processor, or with an immersion blender. If you’re using a blender, work in batches, filling the canister only halfway and holding a towel over the lid while you purée. Eat immediately, or store in a covered container in the fridge.
Tasty garnishes: My favorite right now is dried or fresh chopped chives. The green tops of scallions are also yummy. You would not be remiss if you drizzled a little sesame oil across the top (but only if you’re not on the AIP).