The ULTIMATE LIFT OFF is coming! Bring your gains and get ready to rumble! It's UB's 5th year of getting our super totals on (Snatch, Clean & Jerk, Squat, Bench, Deadlift). Who's game?
Here's how the event works gonna work:
- You will have 20 minutes to find your maximum per lift
- You will have 3 attempts at your heaviest weight for each lift.
- You will perform all the lifts in order: snatch, clean and jerk, back squat, bench press, and deadlift. To participate in the competition, you must attempt all five lifts.
- Heats will start in groups of 4 every 20 minutes. If you are late, you cannot lift.
- Your score will be calculated by Sinclair for your Oly lifts and Wilks formula (each lift by pounds lifted to body weight) for your power lifts. You will be weighed in 20 minutes before your heat.
- A complete list of rules (including the requirements for each lift) will be posted Friday in the gym along with the start list.
- To secure your spot please do both of the following
This competition is for UB members only, so if you are new to competing this is a great opportunity to get a taste in a supportive environment surrounded by your fellow athletes.
Space is limited to 48 competitors, so make sure to sign up now!
We will also need volunteer refs for the day! Please comment if you can judge for a heat or two. Thanks!!