Before rounding into the holiday season, I like to take a moment to reflect on the year's progress and establish smart end of year and 2017 goals. Smart goals have particular qualities. They are:
- Specific – Are your goals clearly defined, down to each tiny detail?
- Measurable – Have you defined the specifics of success? How will you be able to tell that you have achieved your goal?
- Achievable – Is what you want possible? It can be a big, hairy, audacious goal, but it must also be within the realm of possibility!
- Relevant – Are your short term goals helping you be the athlete you want to be or are they "stupid human tricks"?
- Time-bound – When, exactly, will you achieve these goals?
Using these parameters will help keep you on track with your vision of your superstar self.
What are your S.M.A.R.T. goals for the rest of the year??