We know you all do your best at United Barbell to treat everything with care and consideration. Even so, we would like to take a moment to re-establish a few house rules. Please take a moment to read them over.
Before & After Class
- If you are in class and there is someone you don't know, introduce yourself. There are no strangers here.
- If you choose to hang-out after class (we love this community), steer clear of the athletes working out in the next class.
- Respect your fellow gym rats... Please be aware of your body odors. Use the appropriate products to avoid offending anyone.
- Take your things! Our cubbies fill up fast, and we do not have room to store your gym gear. Additionally, stuff left behind is put in the lost and found. Abandoned items get donated once a month due to high volume of unclaimed gear and clothing.
- Please don't go behind the front desk or leave your things on or next to the front desk.
- On time is late! Class starts on time. Athletes get to do 10 burpees for every minute late. The cut off for athletes joining class is 5 minutes.
- Naked bars are breakable bars. Please do not drop or dump empty bars.
- Did you sweat or bleed on it? Did you get it chalky? Wipe it down!
- Keep Chalk in the chalk bucket. Chalk your hands in the bucket and clap off the extra. Anything more is excessive and unnecessary. As the saying goes, "the chalk trail leads to the rookie."
- Be mindful! It is easy to get wrapped up in your WOD. It is extremely important to be aware of your environment - who and what is around you. You are in control of your barbell/dumbbells/kettlebell. Control your equipment when you are dumping weight. Do not launch kettlebells or dumbbells from overhead or between your legs, and follow barbells down with an open palm and control the bounce so the bar doesn't travel. No matter how intense your workout, you need to always be aware of those around you.
- It sucks to finish last. Cheer on your fellow classmates to help motivate them to the finish.
- Only coaches can change the music. Please ask before touching any of our music equipment.
- Make sure all of your equipment is put away and in its proper place.
These house rules are universal and generally assumed. Keep them in mind when you visit other facilities.
Thanks for reading. Now get in here and get some!