Congrats to our three teams who competed at Moxie Madness this weekend!! Check out all the great photos on the UB Athlete Facebook page!
Registration for the 2016 Ultimate Lift Off on September 10th closes this Thursday!
Want to throw around some heavy weights in a friendly competitive environment? Want to have a crowd cheer you on to your next PR and maybe take home some prizes in the process? Fill out our maxes form (no worries if you don't know your maxes) and register below to get in on the fun!!
Here's how the event works gonna work:
- You will have 20 minutes to find your maximum snatch and clean and jerk.
- New this year: You will have 16 minutes to find your maximum back squat, bench press, and deadlift
- You will have 3 attempts at your heaviest weight for each lift.
- You will perform all the lifts in order: snatch, clean and jerk, back squat, bench press, and deadlift. To participate in the competition, you must attempt all five lifts.
- Heats will start every 20 minutes. If you are late, you cannot lift. No exceptions.
- Your score will be calculated by Sinclair for your Oly lifts and Wilks formula (each lift by pounds lifted to body weight) for your power lifts. (New this year: All athletes will weigh in at the beginning of the day)
- A complete list of rules (including the requirements for each lift) will be posted Tuesday the 6th in the gym along with the start list.
Feeling a little gun shy? Are you a recovering injured athlete? Want to support your fellow UBers taking on the Ultimate Lift Off? Now's your chance!