The House Cup is almost upon us! February 23rd is the announcement of the first WOD of the 2017 CrossFit Open and the beginning of the 2nd Annual UB House Cup. Rally your teams!
For this year's Cup, we wanted to expand the ways for teams to score points. Here's all the ways you can help your team secure this year's coveted spot on the trophy:
- Participation - (21 points per team) - Before the open begins, your captain will collect a head count of who will be able to participate in the open each of the 5 weeks. (Remember, athletes can complete that week's WOD anytime between Thursday @5pm - Monday @5pm). Each week, teams get a % of 20 points equal to the percent of your team that participates in any given week compared to the head count. If your team has 100% participation for any given week, they earn the additional bonus points, coming to a total of 21 points. (e.g. If "The Ultimates" have 26 people on their team, but only 25 could participate that week. Of the 25, only 20 participate. "The Ultimates" get 16 points that week)
- Top 3 RX Athletes - (3 points per athlete) - 3 points for top three placing RX male and female athletes
- Top 3 Scaled Athletes - (3 points per athlete) - 3 points for top three placing scaled male and female athletes
- Spirit of the Open - (up to 6 points available per week) - This year the spirit of the open points will be designated to individuals who show exemplary efforts during that week. This could be someone who really stretched themselves and tried a WOD RX. It could be a person who judged and cheered their heart out. It is any individual who you think should get special recognition. That's right - this year, "the spirit of the open" points will be nominated by YOU. (info on how to do this soon)
- PRs - (1 point per athlete) - Some weeks, depending on the movements we will designate possible "PR" movements. If you get a PR in that movement, you can earn a point for your team!
- #UBHouseCup - (3 points per team) - Each team can earn 3 points by posting a related photo to Instagram with the hashtags #UBHouseCup and #[yourteamnamehere]. 1 point per post, up to 3 points possible, and posts must come from 3 different people (cannot be the captains).
- WOD Predictor Points - (3 points per team) - 3 points will be awarded to the team whose member most accurately guesses the workout. The winner will be determined by who is closest in guessing the combination of: Time Format, Scheme, and Movement(s) for the workout.
- Complete the Judge's Course - (5 points per athlete) - 5 points will be awarded to any athlete who shows proof of completing the online CrossFit Open Judge's Course.
- Head to Head Challenge - (2 points per athlete) - Think you will beat an athlete on the next workout? Each athlete can challenge 1 athlete on another team to go "head to head". If the other athlete accepts the challenge (before either athlete does the workout), then the winning athlete can earn 2 points for their team.