It's summer, and that means two things here at UB: new members fired up and ready to access their buried six packs for bikini/speedo season, and membership holds for vacationing athletes. What better time to reacquaint ourselves with our membership hold policy?
1. When you travel, be aware you will most likely be asked about how you got so strong, fit, and sexy. It's just a burden that the traveling CrossFitter has to bear.
2. We do offer membership holds as a courtesy for athletes traveling for periods of two weeks or more.
3. We hold memberships for travel only - not for staycations, product launches, or general malaise. Working out can only be beneficial for those times, so if you're in town, show up!
4. We require proof of travel in order to hold memberships. Flight itineraries, AirBNB receipts, campground reservations all work for us. I know this seems harsh, but we're a small business in an expensive town, and your membership dues directly affect our ability to provide you with the service you know & love.
5. Please provide us with 5 business days notice to get your membership on hold.
6. Don't let your fitness fall by the wayside while you're traveling. A jump rope and a pair of running shoes are easily packable equipment that can keep your conditioning in excellent shape while you are away. There are plenty of ways to work out without any equipment at all - check out our list of travel WODs! We are happy to recommend CrossFit gyms in the area you are traveling to.
7. Even if you don't take the advice in #6 and spend your vacation or work travel time boozing, eating amazing food, and sleeping in the sun; the best thing you can do is get right back on the horse. Bring down your usual intensity for your first week back, and allow yourself to ease back into your routine. Welcome home!