The Ultimate Lift off is less than 3 weeks away! Whether you are going to compete or volunteer, put September 9th on your calendar!
Here's how the event works gonna work:
- You will have 20 minutes to find your maximum snatch and clean and jerk.
- Changed this year: You will have 18 minutes to find your maximum back squat, bench press, and deadlift
- You will have 3 attempts at your heaviest weight for each lift.
- You will perform all the lifts in order: snatch, clean and jerk, back squat, bench press, and deadlift. To participate in the competition, you must attempt all five lifts.
- Heats will start every 20 minutes. If you are late, you cannot lift. No exceptions.
- Your score will be calculated by Sinclair for your Oly lifts and Wilks formula (each lift by pounds lifted to body weight) for your power lifts. (New this year: All athletes will weigh in at the beginning of the day)
- A complete list of rules (including the requirements for each lift) will be posted Friday in the gym along with the start list.
- To secure your spot please do both of the following by August 28th:
Calling all Volunteers!
Are you not quite ready for the competitive lifting stage? Are you a recovering injured athlete? Do you want to support your fellow UBers taking on the Ultimate Lift Off? Now's your chance!
We are looking for volunteers for the Ultimate Lift Off to help weigh in athletes, judge, and coordinate a great event! Interested?
Fill out our volunteer form!
Thanks in advance!!!