This week we kick off the 2018 United Barbell House Cup! Oh, and a little thing called the CrossFit Open is happening too ;)
This is our favorite time of the year here at UB. Friendly competition runs rampant, people push their limits, new skills are acquired under pressure, and forever friendships are forged. The reigning champs the Mambas will once again take on The Ultimates and Too Fit To Quit.
This is a good time to find team captains Steve & Hayley (Ultimates), Whittney & Chelsea (Too Fit To Quit), and Kim & Adrian (Mambas) and thank them for all their hard work wrangling their houses. It's also a great time to familiarize yourself with our Friday schedule changes.
Friday Schedule Change 2/23 - 3/30
Fridays will be a little different at UB during the House Cup/CrossFit Open. Instead of our regular programming, we will all do the CrossFit Open workout of the week. We won't know what that workout is until 5pm on the previous day. We also will not hold regular evening classes, instead we'll be running heats of the CrossFit Open workout. This is the time when the House Cup party starts - but you don't need to be participating in the House Cup or the CrossFit open to show up and book your time in a heat.
- Heats will run from 5pm - 7:30pm. Come early to book your heat. Gym closes at 8pm.
- You will need a judge. More than likely you'll be able to grab someone from the previous heat.
- We request that you stay to judge a heat either before or after your own.
- If you can, stay to cheer on your fellow athletes!
- You will be responsible for warming yourself up, knowing your movement standards, and being ready when your heat is called.
- You will be responsible for turning in your score sheet.