THE ULTIMATE LIFT OFF 2018
WHEN: SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2018
WHERE: UNITED BARBELL!
It's time for our SEVENTH ANNUAL ULO! We work hard all year and now's the time to put your training to the test. What are your max lifts? All of them? Let's find out in one day!
This competition is an athlete favorite because of the competitive yet friendly environment, the plentiful PRs, and the chance to get to know everyone in the community.
- You will have 20 minutes to find your max lift in each of the 5 lifts, in order: Snatch, Clean & Jerk, Back Squat, Bench Press, and Deadlift.
- You will have 3 attempts at your heaviest weight for each lift.
- You must attempt all five lifts.
- Heats will start every 20 minutes.
- If you are late, you cannot lift. No exceptions.
- All athletes will weigh in at the beginning of the meet.
- Your score will be calculated by Sinclair for your Olympic lifts and Wilks formula (each lift by pounds lifted to body weight) for your Powerlifts.
A complete list of rules will be published prior to the event.
We take your maxes to assign you to an appropriate heat. Don't know your max lifts? That's ok. You can estimate, or if you skip filling out your max lifts, we'll assign you in a beginner heat.
You don't need to be an expert to judge! There are simple standards that all athletes must meet for their lifts to be valid. If you have a good eye and aren't scared to let people know when they're not meeting the standards, judging is for you! If you'd like to judge, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "ULO Judge"
Come watch and cheer the athletes on. Every lifter is stronger when they have the support of an enthusiastic crowd. Bring your positivity and get involved.