The Level 1 Certificate Course introduces the methodology, terminology, and movements foundational to CrossFit. The course is comprised of lectures, movement “break out” sessions for hands-on practice, and workouts. These elements enable participants to better apply the program for personal use and to begin training others with CrossFit.
This course has a 55 multiple-choice question written test at its conclusion. Those who meet the requirements below, which include passing the test, earn the designation of: CrossFit Level 1 Trainer. The test is non-mandatory: a Certificate of Attendance is for those declining to take the test and for those who fail the test. A Certificate of Attendance does not afford an individual the rights and privileges as those associated with a Level 1 Trainer Certificate.
$1000 - Register Here
- 9 AM to 5:30 PM each day with a 1-hour lunch break.
- Arrive at 8:30 AM on Day 1 to check in at the registration desk.
- The test occurs at the end of Day 2.
Requirements for the CrossFit Level 1 Trainer Designation
Participants are eligible for the CrossFit Level 1 Trainer designation if they:
- Are at least 17 years old at the time of the test;
- Are in good standing with CrossFit Inc;
- Attend the entire two-day course (approximately 9 AM-5 PM both days), to include:
- 100% exposure to all lectures,
- 100% participation in all practical break out sessions,
- 100% participation in all workouts (All workouts can and will be scaled appropriately for individuals with special needs);
- Pass the Level 1 test in person.
The course will be held in English. Please see Section 3.3 of the Level 1Participant Handbook for current offerings of languages for the written test.
What to Bring
- Printed, paper-copy version of the registration receipt
- Government issued photo ID
- Notebook and/ or updated Level 1 Training Guide
- Pen and #2 pencil w/ eraser
- Suitable clothes for working out
- Snacks and fluids, or a meal if you do not plan on going off-site during the lunch break
1) Read the Level 1 Participant Handbook.
- It contains the policies and procedures you must agree to during registration.
- It also contains test information, including number of questions, study tips, and sample test questions.
2) Study the updated CrossFit Level 1 Training Guide.
- This will enhance your experience and prepare you for the Level 1 Test.
- The material on the test is derived from the Training Guide AND the course.
3) Expose yourself to CrossFit’s movements and workouts.
Test Results and Certificate
- Results (pass/fail) are emailed in 7 days from the test date you took your test.
- Certificates follow in 4-6 weeks for US courses and 6-8 weeks for international courses from the date of results email.