This one-day seminar is a performance-oriented workshop for all levels of athletes and coaches wishing to explore the world of strongman movements. Attendees will understand how to lift Atlas stones, carry a yoke and farmer’s handles, flip tires, and clean and press odd objects such as a log, keg, anvil, or stone. Attendees will spend the entire day practicing with each implement and will learn how to program these movements into CrossFit workouts.
This course is open to people of ALL abilities, genders and strength levels.
The CrossFit Strongman Trainer Course is designed to:
-Improve your ability to move large loads quickly.
-Improve your Grace time.
-Improve your posterior chain strength, pressing strength, grip strength and abdominal strength.
-Change workout stimulus to keep the body moving toward elite fitness.
-Expand your arsenal of tools in a fun, engaging environment.
-Prevent injury through the use of new movement patterns.
9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. with a 45-minute lunch
$350 - Register here
The reading material link will be embedded in your registration confirmation email that you will receive as soon as you register. Print out the packet and bring it with you.
- Expand one's ability to move awkward, real-life objects in a way that will improve fitness levels.
- Explore the benefits of strongman movements and how they can dramatically increase the output of any athlete/CrossFitter.
- Learn how to properly scale strongman movements for the masses.
- Develop an understanding of the most common faults in strongman - from programming to marketing to execution of the lifts.
- Develop the ability to generate huge amounts of force through violent hip extension.
- Develop proper midline stabilization while moving through space under heavy load.
- Understand and learn how to safely use a "rounded back" lifting position for moving odd objects.
- Learn and explore the benefits for getting away from barbells, dumbbells and other standard gym gear.
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ #1: Are there any pre-requisites for the course?
No. Anyone can attend; however, to receive a Trainer Certificate for the CrossFit Strongman Trainer Course one must hold a valid and current CrossFit Level 1 Trainer Certificate. If you attend and do not hold a valid and current CrossFit Level 1 Trainer Certificate, you will be issued a Certificate of Attendance.
FAQ #2: What are the requirements for becoming a CrossFit StrongmanTrainer?
The requirements for this credential are stringent, primarily for your protection and the safety of those you train. They are:
1. Holding a valid and current CrossFit Level 1 Trainer Certificate
2. 100% course attendance
3. 100% participation
FAQ #3: When will I receive my certificate?
You will receive your certificate at the completion of the seminar
Rob Orlando has been an amateur strongman competitor since 2005. Over the last six years he has participated in more than 15 contests and set North American records in multiple lifts. He began CrossFitting in 2008, just a few months prior to the CrossFit Games regional qualifier in Albany, N.Y., where he took fifth place. He competed in the CrossFit Games in 2009 and 2010 and finished 22nd and 15th, respectively. Over the past three years, he has launched Hybrid Athletics, a CrossFit affiliate in Stamford, Conn., started Strongmanwod.com, and created a line of strongman products including yokes, axles, atlas-stone molds, farmer's handles, and logs. His goal is to introduce the CrossFit community to strongman movements and implements through this seminar.