If you're an experienced CrossFitter looking to make your home at United Barbell, you are welcome to drop into any of our classes. We understand that it's important to find a gym that is just the right fit, so we'd be happy to answer any questions you have.
We take your safety seriously. There are two ways to become a member without having to complete our Onramp.
1. Have your previous gym email us and confirm that you have enough CrossFit experience to join our classes. The email must contain:
- A reply-to email address with an official CrossFit affiliate name
- Your name
- How long you were attending your previous gym
- A statement from a coach that you have proficiency enough to join group classes at United Barbell.
2. Complete a Test Out session with one of our coaches. To pass the Test Out, you must demonstrate proficiency with:
- Basic gymnastics movements (pull ups, dips, handstands)
- Olympic Lifts (snatch, clean & jerk)
- Powerlifting movements (squats, deadlift, presses)
- CrossFit-specific movements & terminology
If you have never experienced CrossFit but are an experienced athlete, we offer an abbreviated Onramp to ensure your movement quality and familiarity with CrossFit-specific concepts. Please contact us to set up your session.