When it comes to managing total fitness, we're talking diet, sleep, lifestyle, and other habits that can contribute to your overall health and well being. When it comes to managing your performance then we're talking about diet, sleep, lifestyle PLUS mobility, consistency, rest days... etc.
Both concepts have many factors at play.... yet so many only worry about the single hour they spend in the gym on any given day.
We want you to be proactive. We want you to be accountable for where you are and where you want to go. And so, to assist you in handling your business, we are bringing a body fat assessment (BodySpec) and body work (Kinetic Chain) here to UB. Both have sign ups below...
Have you noticed our buddy Aeron from Fitness Wave has been missing since we moved into N-UB? That's because his truck was not compatible with our 4th Street location. And although we miss him, we also know you want to get your body scan on.... So we searched and found (thanks to a recommendation from Jon H.) a new solution...
Meet BodySpec! BodySpec performs body fat and body composition testing using a truck equipped with a DXA scanner. In a fully-clothed 10-min scan, you'll learn more about your body than you've ever known, measuring body fat, muscle and bone. The scan provides not only whole-body info but also a regional analysis. Check out a sample report in their video.
These scans are comprehensive and individualized snapshots of your body that give you the information you need to:
- Pinpoint the exact impact of a new training or diet plan
- Track progress over time, down to exact muscle and fat changes in different areas of the body
- Optimize your training to suit your body’s specific needs
- Compare your bone density to others like you
- Identify long-term health risks
How to Sign Up
1. Schedule a scan appointment on Friday,August 7th. (Sign ups will be available to UB members exclusively until July 20th)
- Simply click on your preferred appointment (green slots are available).
- Select your scan package.
- Fill out the payment and account info and then complete your intake form. (If on a shared computer, log yourself out before the next person signs up.)
2. If you need to reschedule, simply log back into www.body-spec.com anytime 24 hours before your appointment. Cancel your appointment and make another at your convenience.
3. On scan day, the BodySpec truck arrives at the gym. You show up for your appointment wearing clothes with no metal (workout clothes work great!)
4. Each client lies down on our scanner for 10 minutes. Afterwards, you’ll receive a 10-min consultation with BodySpec's fitness experts so you understand your scan results. The whole appointment takes about 20 minutes.
5. Digital PDF copies of these results are uploaded into your account on the BodySpec website for you to access anytime!
$45 per 1 scan
$85 per 2 scans
You can split the 2 scan package with friends or family. Just have one person book both scans under his/her name, and then e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the full name, e-mail address, and appointment time for the second person. We’ll get things transferred over!
The scanner performs a very weak x-ray with radiation exposure equal to that from eating four bananas. They cannot scan pregnant women or individuals over 350 lbs due to scanner restrictions.
They ask clients to refrain from wearing metal to ensure accuracy of bone density readings. However, if you have metal that you cannot remove, you can still scan without a problem.
Here is a sample scan report so you can see for yourself!
It's that time again! Monte and Jay of Kinetic Chain will be descending on UB on August 16th.
Monte and his man Jay are expert ART body workers experienced in handling the specific issues of CrossFitters and Weightlifters.
Body aches? They've got you. Need a tune-up? They've got you. Competitive athlete? They've got you.
Top notch body worker leads to better performance. I consider my regular sessions with my boys as important as my car's oil change. Don't think about it. Just do it.
First comment, first serve!
SUNDAY, August 16th
11:00: Jenny W